Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Have A Question....






The Perfect Location : Emily & Michael's rustic California bluff wedding

No really..

I have a question.  How is it humanly possible to book your venue without actually being engaged?  And why do we allow over zealous future bridezillas to hog the good venues way before we, actually engaged fiance's to someone, have a chance at selection? Is it just normal to force the hand of man into such a commitment?  After over hearing a conversation between a young woman and the sales associate at a jewelry store where she was choosing "the" ring to show her boyfriend as a subtle suggestion of their future, I can't help but wonder if I went about this the wrong way. It was during this overheard conversation that she let us (well the sales associate..I was just snooping) that she had in fact already booked her venue.  Anticipating that it would take time to coax him into thinking it was his idea she booked it a year and a half out.  It didn't really bother me at first. In fact I found it to be quite hysterical.  But after spending way to much time prior to writing this post looking at venues I realized just how badly girls like are her are messing with my plans.

This evening I got the email from The Knot informing that my wedding day will take place in a mere 10 months and I should be settling on dress as well as throwing down the john hancock on the fancy catering contracts. Oh yes, I signed up with the infamous site after the suggestion of a recently wed coworker.  Although personal organization isn't quite my forte I do appreciate the site's attempt at letting me know just how far behind I am...it has a much less stringent tone to it than the constant check ups I have been subject to done face to face.  In a slight manic attack I scoured the web for hours looking and contacting local venues that actually looked interesting and even ventured so far as New York City only to be dragged back home by the Fiance. He has a slightly unfortunate relationship with the big apple and most trips there deal with work so a wedding in such a fast pace environment just doesn't sound relaxing. Moving on I kept running into the scenario where the site actually lists the cost of their packages (a rare but much appreciated event) and then they even would go so far as to offer this amazing little thing called a calender to let me see if my desired date is even available but  the fun always stopped there since my date was unfortunately taken.  

I managed to contact quite a few regardless but I couldn't help but wonder how many brides were like the overly anxious character from the store and hoarding dates on a whim.

P.S. I might be exaggerating  a bit and after seeing how quickly these place book up this post's frustration is probably a result of my own lack of preparation and slight shade of green over the fact I wasn't so sneaky....LOL

P.S.S. Lets all take a moment to fancy the bride that got it right in the photos above.  Laid back splendor but still chic.  I mean, I do believe Anna Wintour herself would consider this perfection....

No comments:

Post a Comment